Western Cape Department of Health Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Western Cape Department of Health are responsible for public healthcare services to residents within the Western Cape province.
The Department have initiated a bursary programme to financially assist students with strong academic potential, who will then join the Department in service delivery.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the Health Science faculty, usually within the following fields of study (however the fields of study may alter annually depending on the Departments skill requirements):
Students will be required to work complete community service within the Department, for the duration equal to their bursary award.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Reside within the Western Cape
- Accepted to study full-time within the Health Science faculty
- Will study at one of the following tertiary institutions: University of Cape Town, University of the Western Cape, Stellenbosch University, Cape Peninsula University of Technology,
HOW TO APPLY
The latest application forms can be downloaded at: www.westerncape.gov.za/service/bursaries-health (please note that each tertiary institution has their own application form).
Complete application forms and all necessary supporting documentation must then be delivered to your tertiary institutions financial aid office:
- UCT (University of Cape Town)
Student Financial Aid
Wilfred and Jules Kramer Building
Cross Campus Road
(ATT: Mr Z Baker)
- UWC (University of the Western Cape)
Financial Aid Office
Private Bag X17
(ATT: Ms J Ontong)
- Stellenbosch University
Faculty of Health Science
PO BOX 19063
(ATT: Ms P Lewis)
- CPUT (Cape Peninsula University of Technology)
P.O. BOX 1906
(ATT: Mr C Claasen)
Differs per University – please contact your institution below.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 021 483 2806
Tel: 021 483 6610
Fax: 086 609 9893
Alternatively, please contact your relevant financial aid department:
- UCT (University of Cape Town), Mr Z Baker, Tel: 021 650 3632
- UWC (University of the Western Cape), Ms J Ontong, Tel: 021 959 9753/4
- Stellenbosch University, Ms P Lewis, Tel: 021 938 9458
- CPUT (Cape Peninsula University of Technology), Mr C Claasen, Tel: 021 959 6253