It is the science concerned with the nature and properties of matter and energy and the interaction between them.
Physicists are responsible for designing experiments, implementing them using the scientific method and drawing conclusions which will be beneficial to the advancement of science and industry. A physicist can also educate others in advanced, intermediate and basic physics.
- Development of sustainable forms of energy production;
- Treating cancer, through radiotherapy, and diagnosing illness through various types of imaging, all based on physics;
- Developing computer games;
- Design and manufacture of sports equipment;
- Understanding and predicting earthquakes.
Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Chemistry
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Geophysicist/Field Seismologist
- Higher Education Lecturer
- Radiation Protection Practitioner
- Research Scientist (physical sciences)
- Seismic Interpreter
The Quantum Universe by Brian Cox, Jeff Forshaw.
A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking.
Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, Niels Bohr, Galileo Galilei, Ander Celsius.