National Research Foundation Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The National Research Foundation (NRF) of South Africa was established in 1999 to support and promote human capital development and research. The NRF has 3 major functions: to encourage an interest in technology & science, to facilitate research through the National Research Facilities and to support research and innovation.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to students pursuing degrees in one of the following fields:
- BEng/ BTech/ ND Electrical Engineering
- BEng Electronic Engineering
- BEng/ BTech/ ND Mechanical Engineering
- BEng Mechatronics
- BSc Computer Science
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Completed Matric,
- Currently in second year of study in one of the aforementioned fields,
- Studying at a recognised University/ University of Technology in South Africa,
- Achieved a minimum average of 60% for first year of study.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the NRF Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Latest academic record/ transcript on tertiary institutions letterhead (certified copy).
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (for attention: Ms S Dunge)
30 November annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 021 843 1000