The science that deals with procedures used in extracting metals from their ores, purifying and alloying metals, andcreating useful objects from metals.
- Providing technical advice about the suitability of metals for different purposes
- Making recommendations and advising about product feasibility
- Undertaking new product research
- Creating precise designs for components
- Developing prototypes and innovative solutions to problems
- Investigating corrosion and metal failure/fatigueJobs directly related to qualification
- Mineral Processing Facilitator
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Specialist Engineer
- Laboratory Analyst
Exxaro, Anglo Platinum, Anglo American
An Introduction to Metallurgy by Alan Cottrell
The Deep Dark by Gregg Olsen
Exxaro, Sasol, Ekurhuleni, Lonmin Bursaries, Harmony Gold Bursaries, Spoornet, Merseta, De Beers, Gold fields, Anglo Platinum, Eskom, Afrox, Arcelor Mittal, Impala Platinum, Mintek, Samancor, SEIFSA, Transnet.