Accounting is the recording of financial transactions plus storing, sorting, retrieving, summarizing, and presenting the information in various reports and analyses. Accounting is also a profession consisting of individuals having the formal education to carry out these tasks.
Accountants do the following tasks:
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information;
- Document financial transactions by entering account information;
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options;
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports;
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
Modules to expect in University
Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Business Ethics, Taxation
Jobs directly related to the degree
- Accounting Technician
- Chartered Accountant
- Chartered Certified Accountant
- Chartered Management Accountant
- Chartered Public Finance Accountant
- Company Secretary
- Forensic Accountant
Deloitte, SARS, SARB, PricewaterhouseCoopers, KPMG.
PwC(PricewaterhouseCoopers), KPMG, Auditor General South Africa Bursary, BDO Spencer Steward Accounting and Auditing Bursary, Deloitte and Touche CA Bursary, Ernst & Young CA Bursary, Fisher Hoffman CA Bursary, MTN CA Bursary, National Treasury, Old Mutual Accounting Bursary, SASOL Accounting Bursary, Thuthuka Bursaries